Monday, February 1, 2010

Within the Samurai Spirit....


Check out the height on this jumping kick!!! OSU!




The last couple of days I have been really focused on what goals I have to accomplish for the month of February, what I did get done in January, and re-evaluating different aspects in my life. In doing so I reconnected with one of my old Sensei's from my old Dojo. I don't speak of it much, but I trained under the Late Great Shuseki-Shihan William Oliver!! He was an amazing man, who's spirit I always treasure, not only as my instructor but as a second father. A man I always went to for advice & direction!! I learned so much from him, not only "kick & Punch" as he would say....but how to incorporate the warrior spirit in my life. I share the below videos as a tribute to my instructor who's spirit continues to live in my life. His teaching's will not be lost....and yes Shuseki...I will be getting my 2nd degree soon...OSU!!! I may get knocked down 100 times....but I get right back up...always.....with my feet on firm ground and my essence ready for what comes my way!! Missing you Shuseki...OSU!!!! As I humbly continue to get on my knees in prayer & meditation....in the traditional Karate-ka way.....



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MmbVxuhX4Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI4T9Xfwm7g

No comments:

Post a Comment